Community Park South
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Dog Park
- Picnic Shelters
- Soccer Field
- Tennis Court
- Walking Track
Community Park South is located in the heart of Princeton on 26 acres. The park is bordered by Route 206 to the North and Birch Ave to the south. There is a parking lot that is accessible from either John St or Race St. The park contains several baseball/softball diamonds, as well as a large multi-purpose athletic space that can be used for a variety of activities. There is a walking track around the perimeter of the park that is approximately 6 tenths of a mile and a picnic pavilion on the northern edge of the park. The pavilion can accommodate up to 100 people.
The park also contains 15 tennis courts, 6 of which are lit. (Lights are available from late April to November). The courts are available to the public on a first come first served basis from mid-October to mid-April annually. From mid-April to mid-October all scheduling and use is through the Princeton Tennis Program. For more information on tennis programming or using the courts from mid-April to mid-October, visit Princeton Tennis Program.
Portable restrooms units are on site seasonally from Spring through Fall.
There are 2 basketball courts and a large playground immediately adjacent to the park at Community Park Elementary School.
To request use of the athletic fields or to reserve the picnic pavilion, contact the Recreation Department.
Community Park South also contains a 1.7 acre dog park with separate areas for large and small dogs. This dog park installation is not permanent, as Princeton is launching a planning process early in 2023 to create the community’s vision for an improved Community Park South. This redesign process will engage stakeholders through public meetings and ultimately inform any permanent changes to the park.
The dog park is open to the general public. The rules are:
- Open from dawn to dusk
- Dog waste must be picked up.
- Dogs must be licensed with the license number displayed on their collar or harness. Dogs must also be up-to-date on rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must be on-leash until inside the first gate of the entrance.
- Dogs that are aggressive to other dogs or people are prohibited from the park.
- Chew toys are prohibited. Fetch toys and small treats are permitted.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Puppies younger than four months old are prohibited.
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- No more than 3 dogs per adult user.
- Dogs must not be left unattended within the park.
- Park users are responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them. All users are advised that this is an unsupervised recreation area and use of the facility is at your own risk.
For emergencies or safety issues, such as an aggressive dog, call the 24-hour Police Dispatch Center at 609-921-2100. For other animal complaints or dog park maintenance concerns, please report online to SeeClickFix: seeclickfix.com/princeton_nj