Effective April, 2020 all meetings will be done virtually until further notice. Notice for virtual meetings (PDF).
We encourage people to come and comment at the meetings.
All meeting dates are subject to change. Please check the calendar for updates.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Tammy L Sands, Chair
- Heidi Fichtenbaum
- Lisa Marcus Levine
- Anne Soos
- Zenon Tech-Czarny
- Hilary Persky (Alt 1)
- George DiFerdinando, Board of Health
- Eve Niedergang, Council
- Christine Symington/Jenny Ludmer Sustainable Princeton
The Princeton Environmental Commission (PEC) is comprised of volunteer Princeton residents who are appointed by the Council with the Chair being appointed by the Mayor. The commission advises the Mayor, Township Administration, the Town Council, and local officials, including the Planning Board and the Zoning Board regarding environmental issues and actions that may affect the natural resources and inhabitants of the community.
The PEC was established to advocate for the protection, development and use of natural resources, including water resources, located within Princeton.
Review & Recommendations
The PEC reviews studies, funds research and makes recommendations concerning:
- Air pollution control
- Alternative transportation
- Aquatic resources
- Environmental appearance
- Noise control
- Open space preservation
- Protection of flora and fauna
- Soil and landscape protection
- Solid waste management
- Sustainable building design and practices
- Water resources and storm water management
Advising & Education
The PEC works collaboratively to advise and educate local government, businesses, and residents on environmental issues, laws, and programs by:
- Drafting and amending ordinances
- Inventorying and advocating for the preservation of open spaces
- Responding to the public regarding local environmental concerns
- Reviewing and commenting on building and development applications
- Sponsoring research studies