Below is a message from our Health Officer in reference to the freeB service:
The FreeB Bus service was suspended when the original shutdown of the state went into effect last March and remains suspended. As the Princeton Transit Advisory Committee continues to evaluate the feasibility of resuming the FreeB service, our primary concern is the safety of the riders and its operator. Resuming the service can only happen if we can do so safely and in accordance with state-mandated guidance for public transportation.Additionally, the primary ridership using the service is considered high risk for COVID-19, which further necessitates that all established safety protocols be in place prior to resuming operations. The Princeton Health Department and the Princeton Board of Health are also monitoring the localized increase in cases in recent weeks. Our public health professionals are recommending continued suspension of the FreeB service. The Municipality will continue to monitor the situation. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide the safest options for our community.
Tiger Transit is Princeton University's transit system is open to the public to ride, and, it's free.
The following routes go in and out of Princeton:
- 100 Bus - Daily service from Princeton Shopping Center and Palmer Square to New York City.
- 600 Bus - Weekday service from Palmer Square to downtown New York City
- Megabus - Sit back, relax and enjoy free Wi-Fi on your way to and from the Port Authority in New York City.
- New Jersey Transit Bus 605- Stops include:
- Market Fair
- Mercer Mall
- Montgomery Shop-Rite
- Nassau Park
- Princeton Station
- Quakerbridge Mall
- New Jersey Transit Bus 606 - Travel to work, connect to New Jersey Transit's River Line at the Trenton Transit Center, or visit the Capital City and rediscover the past. All of that and a lot more of Mercer County to be seen on the 606.
- Suburban / Coach USA - Suburban offers service from Princeton to New York to New York City (and points in between).
Track Your Ride
TigerTransit and the freeB buses can be tracked in real-time. Riders can track the location of any TigerTransit or freeB bus online or by cell phone using the TransLoc app. Download TransLoc Rider in the app store, available for iPhone and Android.
New Jersey Transit App - Buy your tickets, plan your trip, and track the real-time status of your bus or train.