Property Tax/Sewer bills are due quarterly February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1 with a 10 day grace period, if the 10th falls on a weekend or a holiday the grace period is extended to the next business day.
Tax Billing Update:
Please be advised that Princeton has started to send out estimated 3rd quarter tax bills that will be due August 1, 2021 with a 10-day grace period. While this bill is an estimate, it still has the same status as a regular tax bill and may be paid without interest until August 10, 2021. After August 10, 2021 interest will revert back to August 1, 2021. This quarter does not include a credit for the Homestead Rebate nor does this quarter include a billing for sewer. Sewer billing will be reflected in the 4th quarter for the 3rd & 4th quarter usage.
When the 2021 tax rate for Princeton has been certified by the Mercer County Tax Board, the Tax Collector will then send out reconciled bills for 4th quarter 2021 and 1st and 2nd quarter 2022. This reconciled bill will reflect the TOTAL taxes billed for the calendar year 2021.
Princeton municipal buildings are now open to the public please wear a mask upon entering the building. Payments can be made:
• Mailed/dropped off at 400 Witherspoon St., Attn: Tax Office, Princeton, NJ 08540
• Drop off in the Police lobby drop box located 1 Valley Rd. Princeton, NJ 08540 which is accessible Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
• Pay online with no fee if paid thru your checking account or a 2.65% fee if paid with credit card
• PTR forms can be mailed 400 Witherspoon St. Attn: Tax Collector or dropped off @ 1Valley Rd. or 400 Witherspoon St., Attn: Tax Office and once completed will be mailed back to you
Any drop off or mailed in payments should include a self-addressed stamped envelope if a receipt is needed.
- Pay Taxes and Sewer Online
- Via mail or in person